Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Overruled

Sometimes it's so nice to be overruled.
Even though I did the right and reasonable thing. Like I did when I packed my hand baggage and decided to put Homo Faber by Frisch in the bag because my copy is a paperback and weighs almost nothing. Plenty of space in the bag, very comfortable to carry, no marks in the shoulder. Untill I realized I had ten minutes to spend in Copenhagen Airport before boarding. I didn't run, I rather cruised. Took me seven minutes to load my bag with additional 900 pages from the airport bookstore.
In a funny way I felt more safe, heavy but safe.
After I had carried my extra weight and extra safety for many hours through transfer and endless corridors, I left the 900 pages on the plane and kept my Frisch novel. It's not easy to keep up with Homo Faber.
But still, sometimes it really is generous to be overruled.

No comments:

Post a Comment