Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The lady and the guide

We went for a walk, followed the shape of the island and ended at the old Fort Berkeley, once guarded the entrance to Nelson's Dockyard, now a good place to sense the wildness of a breeze from the Atlantic Ocean. It's a ten minutes walk from the harbour, no climbing, just a hill with a busy goat now and then. A lady with a singing man passed us on the way back. He wore a yellow t-shirt like guides sometimes do. He sang a little of Michael Jackson, answered a question, sang a little of Bob Marley.
- Funny place to bring a guide, I said to my son.
- Do you think she hired him?
- Well, I don't think he hired her, I said.
- Of course not.
He turned around and glanced at the couple, still a child, curiosity comes first.
- Maybe she didn't hire a guide. I think she hired a radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment