Tuesday, February 8, 2011

From my Moleskine

Near Copenhagen feb 2011
Drove through the suburb, slowly passing from one red light to the next. I know all the streets and their names, pointed them out, silently of course, nothing to say about it, we were talking about other things, my eyes scanning the shops to find just one that I recognized. They had all changed since then. I expect them to change, still I had this little unspoken wish to find the ice-cream man, who at that time was a woman, and she received coins from children at all ages never smiling at any of us. Or the fishmonger in the tiny shop who sold salmon to those who had something to celebrate.
 - Look, I interrupted my friend eagerly. - There is BeeLee!
- Beewhat?
I pointed out a gloomy fashion shop where I've never been.

No comments:

Post a Comment