Monday, February 7, 2011

Once you go Twitter

...you will soon need a blog. I went Twitter about a week ago, I'm about to publish my first post, and it's really very public. Sending a novel or a column to your editor remains a secret between the two of you until a certain point. In a little while I get right to this point with no one to be secret with. That's the whole and generous idea, isn't it? 
I added Nicholas Kristof  to my Twitter Following list the other day and shortly after he wrote this tweet: "Count down to my 1 millionth Twitter follower." I looked at my 6 and I thought, well yes, when I published my first book, a collection of short stories twenty years ago, I was surrounded by people with great records and never since have I been in a more privileged position.
Welcome to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment