Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Flower Power

A sleeping beauty woke up and looked at me, just, surrounded by highlights and so many chances of postcard pictures I see her. It's not a she, I don't know why I write that, it's a truck, maybe a former van, now a wreck some would say. Someone built her, someone left her. Then the flowers, the climbers, the sun and the soil. She is part of all that now. Her fainted yellow fits the purple and green, I'm not sure I've ever noticed the colour of a truck. There are levels of being abandoned. My father on the bench with the jingling plastic bag next to him would never have seen himself as anything but in blossom. One day he left the bench, he moved on to a pub, later on he spend his days with Miles Davis, Davis didn't know, my father never needed him to know.

1 comment:

  1. Marina,
    This touches me in so many ways, none of which you would able to know. My father was a musician & an alcoholic, he moved on to the pub. He left. Miles Davis was his hero and wanted me named Miles, but since he wasn't there, I got John. I am a truck, my engines roars.

    ReplyDelete