Sunday, March 20, 2011

Differences between glasses and shoes

My favourite lunch bistro, and the best and cheapest in town is called HotHotSpot. Might not sound particularly local nor charming but it is, the name is even very precise. Every decent place in English Harbour has got wifi, some of them even outlets for those who wear the most common suit, desktop under the arm, flip flops on the feet.
At HotHotSpot they play Air by J.S. Bach as well.
An elderly gentleman sat next to us with a newspaper and a soup, he just finished. He did wear shorts like everybody else, but only because of the heat, surely not because he liked shorts.
- Enjoy your lunch.
He was about to leave
- Thank you very much. Enjoy your afternoon, I said and hoped the chicken in my mouth was not too obvious.
A moment later he came back.
- Has anyone seen my shoes?
He bent down and looked under the tables.
- At home it's my glasses I look for. But you won't find any shoes on the table, won't you?
- Most of the time one doesn't need shoes here. I keep forgetting mine too, I said.
He smiled.
- I still prefer to look on your table, not under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment